O’Mara, Senate GOP unveil ‘Take Back NY’
Albany, N.Y., January 5— State Senator Tom O’Mara (R,C,I-Big Flats) today joined his Senate Republican colleagues to unveil the conference’s “Take Back New York” legislative agenda for 2022.
Take Back New York 2022 proposes a comprehensive strategy to help grow local and state economies, focus on the financial challenges facing many middle-class families and small business owners, and make public safety an urgent priority.
O’Mara said, “From combating crime to job creation to tax relief, one-party control of New York State government has been a disaster for Upstate New York communities, economies, and taxpayers. The Albany Democrat direction for New York is producing billions upon billions of dollars of short- and long-term spending commitments requiring billions upon billions of dollars in new taxes, fees, and borrowing for future generations of state and local taxpayers. This relentless pursuit of a far-left, extreme-liberal agenda appears to be the priority over a long-term, sustainable future for Upstate, middle-class communities, families, workers, businesses, industries, and taxpayers. It’s time to take back Upstate’s rightful place and restore a more responsible and reasonable approach to governing.”
Senate Republican Leader Rob Ortt said, “Democrat One-Party Rule has been nothing short of a disaster for New York State. From escalating taxes to blatant pro-criminal policies and extreme government overreach, it’s become harder than ever to live in our communities — something reflected in the growing exodus of our fellow New Yorkers. It’s more vital than ever, for them, that we take back our state from out-of-touch politicians and restore some sanity and common sense to our government. Take Back New York 2022 is the first step in accomplishing that and restoring our reputation as the Empire State.”
O’Mara said that achieving the overriding goals of Take Back New York 2022 would:
● Offer a better quality of life for all New Yorkers by repealing bail reform and supporting law enforcement and crime victims, as well as expanding and ensuring access to quality education;
● Make New York more affordable for every resident by cutting the state’s highest-in-the-nation tax burden and enacting a series of measures that lower the cost of childcare and the day-to-day expenses of living in New York;
● Develop a strong workforce for a strong economy through substantive training and development programs, and a major commitment to family farms;
● Improve the state’s business climate and expand economic opportunity by cutting burdensome regulations, investing in physical infrastructure and broadband statewide, and moving toward a cleaner energy future;
● Ensure security for our vulnerable populations by securing funding for veterans, providing needed resources to seniors and their caregivers, combating the opioid crisis, and enhancing mental health programs and services; and
● Restore accountability to the state government in the aftermath of disgraced ex-Governor Andrew Cuomo’s rampant abuses of executive power.
Read more: https://www.nysenate.gov/sites/default/files/article/attachment/ortt_2022_take_back_ny.pdf